Handling of personal information
Personal information collection and utilization objectives
To enable the provision of services (including requested information, and hotel reservation and related arrangements) to Company’s customers, Company receives personal information necessary to identify customers (below, “Personal Information”). Company will not utilize Personal Information for any purposes other than the below without the authorization of the customer:
- for direct provision of Company’s services (reservations, arrangements, purchasing, etc.) to the customer,
- to respond to inquiries or requests for information from the customer,
- to communicate with the customer,
- to request customer participation in questionnaires and prize contests, and
- other purposes as specified at the time Personal Information is collected.
Provision of Personal Information to third parties
Collected Personal Information will not be disclosed or provided to third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- when requested under legal authority,
- when required to protect life, health, or assets, and the authorization is the Customer is difficult to obtain,
- when required for reasons of public health, and the authorization is the Customer is difficult to obtain, and
- when a national government agency, local government agency, or party operating under their authority requires cooperation in the implementation of an applicable law or regulation, and it is judged that requesting authorization from the customer could interfere with that implementation.
Access logs and cookies
Company will log information when the customer’s computer connects to the internet, including IP address, browser type, operating system, and log-in time. This information is used for website maintenance and management, protecting the website from computer viruses and unauthorized access, investigating customer problems logging into website member pages, and analyzing side menu usage, and is not used or displayed with a correspondence to customer Personal Information. However, individual customers may be identified through analysis of the access log if deemed essential to protect the website or the customer.
To protect Personal Information, this website manages access to member area pages with an ID and password. IDs, passwords, and other Personal Information entered into the website by the customer are encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, so that the use of an SSL-capable browser will enable safe and secure transmission of Personal Information. Pages providing basic services such as hotel reservations are also provided with non-SSL access for customers who do not have SSL-capable browsers, but this type of access cannot be considered to have full security protection. Company recommends that customers use an internet environment including SSL-capable browsers.
Management of Personal Information
Personal Information received from the customer will be managed physically and technically to prevent loss, damage, and accidental disclosure. Company will manage and supervise third parties contracted by Company to provide website services, manage website, or for other matters, to ensure Personal Information is handled appropriately.
This website is provided with links to other websites. Customers are requested to confirm the handling of Personal Information on those linked websites. Company can accept no responsibility for any losses suffered as a result of accessing or utilizing websites linked from Company’s website.
Company will review this policy, and revise it as appropriate. Any revisions will be announced on this page.